Monday, November 8, 2010

Saying Good Bye to a Great Friend


Well my time here in AZ is coming to an end... I am sad and very happy all at the same time. One sad point is I am leaving a great friend behind and moving across the country from here.
Here is our story...

I was in my second year at NAU and Karisa was in her first year at NAU. It was the first Sunday back at the institute ward and all the new girls were introducing themselves to us. Karisa had stood and said her parents just moved to Apache Junction, which is were my biological father lives and what do you know I was headed that way the very next weekend. So I went and introduced my self and asked if she wanted to ride down for the weekend, She wanted to go see her family and decided to come with me.
Well after a three hour drive you can talk about a lot of things and we found out quickly that we had a lot in common.
So after our weekend we spent a lot of time together and met other girls to join in our fun. We had multiple trips to Phoenix with so much laughter involved that our cheeks hurt for days afterwards.
There are many times we laughed the whole way home, or the time her and I and another friend got stuck in my sun roof. New Years eve when we laughed the whole night and into the next day. We can talk for hours and never get bored. We talk about everything and share so many secrets.
Well weeks turned into a year and she moved back to phoenix, we still visited each other as often as possible, went on a few trips to California and discussed ways to be close all through out life.
She has been a great companion through lonely times before our husbands came along and after.
We were at each others weddings and luckily our husbands enjoy each others company as well.
Even now we still go and visit each other and we WILL stay in touch.
I love you Karisa and I know we will stay Friends forever!

No comments: