Monday, November 8, 2010

Ode to Arizona


Arizona is my home state. I have lived in almost all the regions and have loved every minute. My life did not begin here, but it grew up here.
When I was 2 my parents moved back to AZ after being stationed in ENGLAND (where I was born)and we lived in Apache Junction for many years, till half way through kindergarten.
Then we moved to Show Low for about a year and met my step dad there.
We moved back to Apache Junction for another year. My mom managed Village Inn so we moved where they needed a manager.
Our last move was to Prescott Valley. Back then there was no movie theater, no Albertsons, pretty much the only thing as you drove in was the post office, Safeway and Better Built Window oh and Ace Hardware. All the roads around my house we dirt and we could play in the road all night long.
We had a neighborhood game of tag every night and hung out for hours at some ones house to cool off during the day.

I met great people here who have turned my life in different directions. I have so many good friends that I will miss.
here in PV is where we took the missionary lessons to convert to LDS, which in turn made me a better person.
I met my husband here and had my first teaching job here.

I love Arizona and will never forget all the fun. I won't forget the beautiful Sunsets and Sunrises.
I will miss the cactus landscapes ( um really I wont!) and the rock gardens (not!).
I will miss 100 degree weather (haha!) and the freak hail storms (nah!).
I will miss my family who mostly resides here.

I love Arizona, but I need a new adventure.

South Carolina or Bust!!!

2 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

I'm so excited for you! Change is so scary and fun all at the same time!! Come back so we can see your babies!!!

Amy said...

Enjoy your adventure! Moving to Oklahoma with my sweetie was so much fun! Just the two of us...

Good luck and enjoy!