Monday, November 1, 2010

Pass In Review

This past weekend was CJ's Pass In Review. It was a great trip and we had tons of fun!

It all started Thursday morning at 2am when I could not sleep so I decided to get up and get dressed, we had to leave at 3am for the plane any ways...
So my mom and I flew out of Sky Harbor at 6am and landed at O'Hare airport at 11:30.
We rented a car and headed in to down town Chicago looking for the train station, the gentleman at the rent a car place said there were signs on the freeway telling us how to get there, well we found out the hard way there was no such thing!!
So my mom and I asked for directions and finally found it...
We had some time to kill so we walked around the station looking at all the buildings and
waisting time.
Thursday was just a traveling day and it was a long day, but I was so exited I barely slept that night.

Friday!!! We woke up early again and had to catch a shuttle over to the base, we were in our seats by 7am, and the Review didn't start till 9am... To say the least I was starting to get restless.
It took another hour till the guys actually walked in. They had the performing divisions go first and then the others.

When CJ's division marched in he was the last row and walked right by the bleachers, bummer part the woman in front of my mother-in-law was up and down and pointing and had her hands in the photo. Oh CJ looked so different, he lost about 20 lbs and of course he had no hair any more. It was so great to see him, I just wanted to run to him.After the ceremony we had to wait till they were put on Liberty, I then ran to him!! It was so great to see him. He had to be formal with me on base, rules while in uniform, but when we were back at the hotel I got my husband back.
The next day we went into Chicago and went to Willis Tower (Sears Tower). We went all the way to 103 floor, it was really cool to see all the amazing buildings.
Then we went and had a REALLY good stuffed pizza. Our day was cut short because CJ had to get back for watch and I hated watching him walk back alone...
CJ then flew to South Carolina on the second to start getting us a house and make sure paperwork was ready. It was a great trip and even though being without him was hard, we grew closer as a couple and we are thankful for this opportunity!
South Carolina here we come!

No comments: