Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First and probably only storm that will bring snow...

Good Ole Prescott Valley! I know the weather here like the back of my hand. I know if it is just going to rain or if it is going to circle us. I know if there is going to be snow and I usually can tell how much. Why? I am not some weather woman, but you live some where long enough and you just know. Some people try to stay optimistic, but I just know.

My mom has come up with the term Yavapai Swirl, this term is used when the weather man says we have a 40% or lower chance to get rain. You might feel some sprinkles and get all giddy because you THINK it is going to rain, but give it about 15 minutes and it will either move past or rain on the other side of what ever mountain range you are close to. This is do to Yavapai being a black hole for horrible weather.

So this weekend it did cool off quite a bit and did rain all day Monday. Well then the wind picked up and I figured that it would freeze and leave a little bit of snow. I WAS RIGHT! It froze. I hated driving to work and I hated thinking about the bus drivers and the weight they were towing around on the ICE. HUSD Super. get your head on! Just because your leaving does not mean you can leave us with a huge disaster on our hands!

Well out of all the crappy weather we get this one came with some good pictures and very cold weather!

No comments: