Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I love this time of the YEAR!

Prescott is known as the Christmas Town of Arizona. I know exactly why! This past weekend Hubby and I and my Best Friend went Downtown Prescott to enjoy the beautiful Courthouse Lighting. There are choirs from local schools who sing Christmas Carols while someone reads a shortened version of the saviors birth story, then towards the end the shut the lights off and turn on all the beautiful Christmas lights! It is so Fun!

FHE activity number one: Bundle everyone up and walk around the Courthouse to see all the beautiful lights. (free to walk around)








After being freezing cold we decided to go to Prescott Resort to see the Largest Ginger Bread house village. Well they had some amazing houses. People put a lot of time and effort in their craft. Details. Details. Details.

FHE activity number two: Go walk the Gingerbread House Village (free admission)This last house is really funny and reminds me of past ans present nick-names. This is a castle built out of Big Red gum. Well a friend of mine from high school his dad used to call me Big Red. My dad still calls me Red.

FHE activity number three: Go drive through the Valley of Lights in Prescott Valley (free to get in, but please donate at the end to keep it a tradition).
We are hoping to do this one sometime soon!

No comments: