Friday, July 3, 2009

July Fourth Weekend Part One! (veiwer discretion)

Happy July Fourth! It has been a great day already! This is only part one... Which means there will be more pictures later! So to start off, it has been a long running tradition that my sister and I make or get something that semi-matches for the fourth. This year we decided to tie-dye t-shirts! We get silly when together and well Summer cut the collar of her shirt and put it on her head. Nice visser!

This is my shirt before we washed them, unfortunately the dye faded quite a bit after washing!

Then we decided to paint on our shirts!

Thank you Eddie For fighting for us all! Your an amazing Brother!


Now after we were finished we had a new adventure that our family, the Schultz family, and half the Mortimier family was involved in, Butchering 14 Roosters! Viewer be advised a little grotesque! This is my dad just being goofy, he was like a little kid in a candy shop tonight!

First step slit throat and let bleed, second step (which I did not get a picture for) dunk into boiling water a few times to loosen feathers.

Next pluck all feathers from neck down. We were all amazed at how easy they came out!

Then cut open from bottom and cut loose guts! (Grouse!!!)

Next reach hand in and yank guts out and throw away. Thanks for the visual Dad! Finally clean really well and freeze until ready to eat. I was thoroughly groused out and well kind of intrigued by the fun that we were all having. Lately I feel as though my family is turning into Farmers, garden with veggies and chickens, and now butchering roosters! Crazy!

Next myself and my brothers went back to my house and made a bonfire in my sand pit! They were having so much fun. We roasted marshmallows and then just played around!

These were the biggest marshmallows I have ever seen and eaten! I was done after one s'more!




We are enjoying this great weekend, and look forward to the parade and rodeo and the fireworks tomorrow! I wish everyone a great Fourth of July!

No comments: