Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What a December!

This has been one December to remember! Since CJ graduated Power school in October and his parents were not able to come, they decided to do a big trip to Washington DC. We had a great adventure, there was so much to see, but if I upload all the pictures I think it would close me out for using all the memory!
So I will include a couple pages to give you the over view of our trip.

We started by taking the train from Charleston to DC. It was great! It took a little longer than flying, but so much more comfortable. We had seats in the Business class and had four seats facing each other with a table in between. Thankfully the train wasn't to crowded so we were able to take up two tables just to stretch out. I wish i had thought of taking pictures, but I did not.

The first day we went to the Air and Space musuem, where we spent the ENTIRE day there. CJ and his dad loved the whole thing. It was a little rainy so we didn't mind, later that night we were able to see them light the Capitol Christmas tree.


The next day we went to the Aquarium and the Natural History Museum, but our camera was dead so no pictures from us. Later that night we went on a trolly ride, but it was rainy and cold and well the trolly broke down and we had a two hour tour turn into a five hour adventure.
Finally we were lucky we got a sunny day! We went to Arlington Cemetery. It was beautiful. We were able to catch the changing of the guards, it was so great, and sad in a way. This was the only thing CJ wanted to see and I am so glad he was able to. Then we hiked over to the Iwo Jima Memorial, we tried to see it in the rain the night before, but it was definitely better in the day. It is a huge statue!
Then we walked over to the Lincoln memorial, Word War 2, and Vietnam Memorial. It was a long walk, but we got to see a lot of great stuff. CJ took some great photos, but I just can't put all of them on here.

The next day we were able to go over the the DC Temple. It was Beautiful from the inside out! We attended a later session so that we could see the Temple all lit up at night. I have never seen anything so radiant!

Finally our last stage of our DC trip was to Fredericksburg VA where they were having a reenactment of the civil war. It was great to see all the guys all dressed up and in character. CJ really liked the guns of course, we then drove through a battlefield, which wasn't at all what I thought it would be, there where some things left/ placed there to signify points, but it wasn't as great as I thought.
We had an amazing time, but to tell you the truth you can not see everything in 3 days, so when we get stationed in VA we will have to go in to DC more often. We loved seeing the sights and we had a great time with CJ's parents. The ride back was in the sleeping car of the train, but I couldn't sleep! I kept feeling like I was going to fall of the bed (which wouldn't have happened since there is only a one foot drop), but it was a neat experience.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

u guys are such a cute couple. thanks for updating ur blog. :)saraa

Anonymous said...

HAHA I could have warned you about my battlefields. I tried to warn N! I'm glad you had fun while visiting. I love this area. :) Always something going on!