Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our Engagement



Well CJ and I both didn't really explain how fast everything moved. We had our first date in July and then got engaged in August. He proposed three times. Once with a huge fake heart ring, then again before my birthday with the real ring, and finally I mentioned one night, "you have never asked Will You Marry Me?" So he did.


We had planned for a nice spring wedding in March, I was so excited to get to plan this beautiful wedding with bright colors, and then one night about a week after we got engaged we kept hearing from everyone, "Oh your waiting that long, you wont last you will move it up." So we thought really hard to see if it was managable to change the date closer. Thankfully it was I was able to set the date for December.


Never did I ever think that I would get engaged so quick, I had no negative feelings about it, and by September I felt like CJ and I knew each other perfectly and that we have known each other for a long time. Which is good because we didn't really have a long time before we were to be sealed together for time and eternity.


I was able to order my dress with just enough time for it to be made and sent to me, they needed about 12 weeks and well I had 16 till I got married. It was close but managable.


We hated being engaged, we seemed to never have time alone, and thanks to my dad he never gave us that time. He loved it and we hated it. CJ's parents were a little lax about us spending time together, but trulely it was better, that way we didn't get into any trouble.


No comments: