Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Welcome Home Sailor!!

April 18 2014 was a great day to enjoy a beautiful Homecoming of the USS Harry S Truman!
The USS Truman left in July of 2013, but thankfully CJ didn't join till September 3 2013.
We missed him more than I thought was possible.

Here is our day in pictures...
 We arrived at the dock just in time to watch the ship come in






 We loved seeing the Sailors on the rail especially when they called Liberty and every one of them started waving and trying to find their families, but CJ is not up there.

Waiting in the cold, but we loved every minute!


Since my husband is a Nuclear Mechanic he had to help shut down the power plant before he could get off, so we had a 3 hour wait AFTER the ship pulled in. So we watched all the beautiful reunions and then had some lunch on the pier. After that we went back to the car for a nap.

FINALLY! I got a phone call from Hubby and he was ready to go, we didn't have the TV reunion but it was so GOOD to see him!!

Our first family picture was in the car..



Yes my sign is correct and well maybe even more emails were sent than I counted. We tried to stay in contact every day whether it was just an email or picture from me. I am pretty sure CJ could watch Lil' Man grow through pictures and videos!

No comments: