Saturday, May 19, 2012

That is that...


I don't want my blog to turn in to a fertility blog, that was not what I had in mind.  I just want family and friends to be able to keep up with out sending emails and texts. So here is an update:
I went in to the doctor after three weeks into my cycle.  I have been on Follistim for that amount of time and well nothing was happening.  My ovaries were recruiting more follicles, but not growing to a size that would produce good eggs.  So After spending $600 on the only drug I have to pay for during this whole thing we are pulling this cycle, which means I am off all drugs and we will not be doing an IUI.  DR has put me on birth control for one cycle to keep my levels stable for the following cycle.  Then we will start in on follistim for the following one.

Ok on to something else.  CJ is going on to week six of Prototype and found ot he is on Crew C, they have 5 groups that rotate through a schedule:  Days: 7:30am-7:30pm; T-Week: 7am-7pm (work 4 days, off 3); Mids: 7:30pm-7:30am; Swings: 11:30am-11:30pm.  CJ will start on Mids, that is right all night.  I think I can handle it for a little, CJ used to work nights and the dogs are pretty comfy to cuddle up to.  He is doing so well and is really enjoying being able to make his own schedule and work at his own pace.  He on the other hand can't wait to start shift work.

This week I got a little bit of a wake up call on how bad people make their way into our lives. I am not a naive person, but this showed me I need to be more guarded.  CJ and I put our couches up for sale on Craigs list and with in hours we had a buyer.  everything sounded ok, he did seem a little pushy about immediately cashing the check and letting him know so his shipping company could come get the couches.  I had a inkling that this was not a good transaction, but I went a long any ways.  We had agreed on one price, but we received a check for double, red flag number 2.  I immediately took it a friend who once was a teller and she told me take it to a bank.  Well Bank of America was on the check so I took it to them.  I asked the teller to check it and make sure it was even real, I was not surprised when she had to call a manager over to read the screen and tell me it was a fake and I should not do anything else with it.  The bank took copies and the information I had.  I then headed to the police station.  They asked if I wanted to press charges and then while speaking to a detective he said no crime has actually happened, I wasn't out the money from cashing a bad check and I still had my couches. So I headed home and wrote a short email which stated the Bank knew it was fake and he was to not contact me ever.  Guess what nothing back!
Lesson: Cash only Local only!

2 comments:

B McC said...

Oh, Craigslist. Even local, you run into bad people. I once bought some stuff that ended up being stolen goods. Oh the fun.

~pollyanna said...

We keep you constantly in our hearts and minds... and always have a feeling of comfort when praying.

So glad to hear Prototype is going so well... I know it's all a big adjustment, but we have such faith and pride in you both and how you tackle every challenge.!

Hoping you have better lucky with the couches...